- A trauma informed organization realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands the potential paths for recovery.
- Responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures and practices.
- Recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in staff, families, clients and others involved with the various systems in the community.
- Resists re-traumatizing staff and consumers.
- Resilience has to do with recovery.Resiliency supports and develops the capacity of staff and consumer to recover post trauma and regain and/or exceed in navigating their daily functioning and goal attainment.
How to Recognize A Trauma-Informed Organization
I am blogging on a new platform; well, new to me. Our very own website for the Institute for Community and Family Resilience. And since we bill ourselves as a trauma-informed/trauma responsive organization, I thought I should explain exactly what that means in this context: